Thursday 16 February 2012

Door of hope...the past few days I faced my worst fear, for the first time I went to audition for poetry. I didn't know what to expect and I just took me as I am. They took me but told me to do a drama piece 'take note, I've never thought about it in my life' you can imagine the rest. I didn't want to show doubt, but I know they felt it, I just did it and I took the part. They loved my guart, they knew it was the first time but they saw potential. Immediately after the audition they put me on a play, I got the leading role, the performance was in two days. Yes I know, first time auditioning for poetry, first time drama, first audience only in TWO days time. The audience loved my role, they believed in my skills. After the play I performed a poem. Finally did it, I've said this before that this is my year. I took the first step, like I've said before that I am willing to learn. The play was fun, it was about a woman named Sibongile (I was playing her role), she had a husband of which she never loved, but loved his money. She had a boyfriend who wasn't working, she supplied everything for him and she was cheating. Sibongile planned with her boyfriend to kill the husband so that they share the money. The boyfriend eventually killed the husband but when he got back, Sibongile was with her husband's bestfriend. They planned it to play both the husband and the boyfriend. She ends up with her husband's bestfriend. The tittle is "Love hurts", to the men it was about love but to the woman it was about the game and money. Moments like these are to be kept in best known places. So today I sit and tell you that when the opportunity throws itself at you, grab it with both hands, you might never know how well it might turn out to be. I learned that and now I am teaching you that. Inner strength is what one should really have, unlike the protective gears that are always on display. Take a chance, we call them "opportunities" because they come once in a while. Believe in yourself, they will too. I didn't know I had it in me, but because I was doing what I love, it began to reveal itself. I only went for poetry auditions, I got drama opportunity too. My first audience, my first time. Fisrt times always out beat the last times. So go on take that baby steps, you will be crawling soon and you will be walking.

No comments:

Post a Comment