Friday 13 January 2012

So when I thought I was giving up, something hit me. I was watching one of my favourite shows on tv today, and enjoying it as usual, but something was different. One of my role models was on the show. I love poetry and I have never met someone who is as passionate or who writes poetry. Sisi Lebogang Mashile is the most greatest poet. I know Xhosa doesn't fit in it, but I have so much respect for her. I was just having an ordinary day, until I saw her on screen, by the time I was cooking and I just didn't want to move, I almost burnt my pots. Whilst watching the show, I got a call from my friend, and she said "Lebo Mashile is talking about you, talking to you my friend" and that really touched me beacause she is one of the few friends who support me on my writing and especially poetry. Sisi Lebo is more than an inspiration (I'm growing to see that), she is my motivator. Sometimes it's hard being the only child, especially when you dream so big like I do. I am never a lonely person when I have my pen and paper. She warms my heart and she is a sweet person. Like I said the other day that technology really brings us closer to our favourite celebs and I am forever greateful. When someone is successful for me it is never about the success but the struggle behind it, because the story is what keeps one going. It's hard to describe the feeling or her (sisi Lebo). I have many role models but none are like her, I sometimes feel that "maybe it's because we have a lot in common" lol. She is natural and beautiful. Sisi Lebogang adds more colour to my grey days she always completes the dots because when I put a full stop, she somehow puts another dot to the full stop to show me that there is still a lot to be said/ to be done. 2012 is my year, I feel it. A year of possibilities, poets take jurney's that are never taken by other people not even by other poets but somehow we cross along the paths. She is the light, some love her because she is famous, some love her because she is beautiful, some love her because she has "that" voice, I love her because she is.

No comments:

Post a Comment