Tuesday 26 February 2013

It's within you

Just last week when the director told us to go outside and pick up something and tell a story about it. There were about eleven of us, and I picked up a string of a mop, other drama members picked up stones, flowers, bricks, plastics, take away plates, and banana peals etc.

I was the first to tell my story of the mop string and we were only given two minutes to prepare, this is how my story goes (I may not remember the exact words because it was a once off thing)...

My name is mop and this is my story, I am that abondoned being who now lays and watch the world go by, I only exist in my inner thoughts, people walk over me. dirt has become my best friend for we used to be enemies, when I used to matter. My siblings and I used to enjoy dancing to the tunes that our madam played when she would clean around the house. I have travelled, from birth... the manufacturing factory to the big super markets, moving in between the small spaza shops, I have been to the town houses, suburbs and kasi loctions. I have met all different kinds of people. The weak are the ones defeated. I am telling tales that bring joy, yet they are tearing me apart, because it is a matter of a used to be and a no loger. I am waiting to be swept away, to go and claim my new existence, I have no permanent place because I don't belong. so long my fellow mop strings, you shall hang in fences, lay on the grounds, find yourselves in dustbins, I will not be sad for I have served my purpose and therefore I am proud because I have made a difference.

                                                             ......

It's within you to grow and experience, nothing lasts forever, but a thing that is passed over, lives on. Make the most out of little things, and leave a legacy of knowledge, vision, belief and inpiration because you are never too young nor too old.

No comments:

Post a Comment